Please see below for full details on our approach to managing any information you provide us and how we protect it. As part of our commitment to protect your privacy we require that any hosting partners working with us to deliver the TREND MARKET around the world works with our strict privacy policies. Note any US based hosting provider used by us has to meet the requirements of Safe Harbor for European and Swiss nationals.
Safe Harbor is an agreement as a result of “The European Commission’s Directive on Data Protection that went into effect in October of 1998, and would prohibit the transfer of personal data to non-European Union nations that do not meet the European “adequacy” standard for privacy protection. While the United States and the European Union share the goal of enhancing privacy protection for their citizens, the United States takes a different approach to privacy from that taken by the European Union. In order to bridge these different privacy approaches and provide a streamlined means for U.S. organizations to comply with the Directive, the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission developed a “Safe Harbor” framework and this website to provide the information an organization should need to evaluate – and then join – the Safe Harbor.“
TREND MARKET collects only aggregate information of visitors to its network of sites, including the domain name, visited pages, referring URLs, and other publicly available information. TREND MARKET uses this information to help improve its web site and services, and to customize the content of its pages for each individual consumer.
TREND MARKET does not sell or commercially make available specific information about its users or members other than in aggregate form, except in cooperation with law enforcement bodies in regard to content violations or violations of applicable laws.
Questions or problems regarding this policy may be sent to LINO MARRA.
– TREND MARKET will not sell or knowingly disclose its customer lists or customer e-mail or listserv address lists. We will attempt to protect the privacy of our Customers and their information that is stored on our network. TREND MARKET will only access and disclose information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and government orders, to operate and maintain our systems and services, or to protect ourselves or our Customers.
– TREND MARKET will not monitor or disclose a Customer’s private e-mail messages or other facility usage unless required by court order or law. We will cooperate with the authorities and will notify such authorities if we suspect that a Customer is engaged in illegal activities to the limit the law allows or requires, at TREND MARKET’s sole discretion.
– TREND MARKET will, from time to time, use our customer mailing lists for network updates, system information and general sales information. TREND MARKET will when requested limit all promotional mailings to those clients who want to participate.
– Credit and credit card information will be held in confidence, however, it will be used in any way possible to aid in the recovery of delinquent or defaulting debtors.
– Customer passwords are confidential and will not be made available to any person or company outside of TREND MARKET for any reason whatsoever.
– All information will be stored as securely as possible while maintaining the ability for authorized TREND MARKET staff to quickly and effectively access this information when required for operational purposes.